Great Harmonica

edited October 2021 in Windcontroller Users

Here is a link to a really good virtual Harmonica which works with Native Instrument's Kontakt. Somewhere I read that it may require Kontakt 6, but I can't find the source of this information at this point.

It's only $22 on sale, and after buying it, I can testify that it is ultra simple to install and sounds excellent.

https://vgtrumpet.com/product/vg-harmonica/

It works very well with windcontrollers, keyboard, as well as with the Tech breath controller as you can see and hear with the demo samples.

Let us know if you get it and how it works for you.

Dan

Comments

• IMHO, the transitions between notes are totally unrealistic and much more sound like an accordion.

-Michael

• edited October 2021

To MSchnell,

Perhaps you are correct, however, none of my prior harmonica or accordion instruments sounds as good as this. Therefore I'm quite happy with it for a lot of Jazz , as well as for some Piazzolla songs. It should be especially great for Blues, for which I now have much more motivation to mess with.

Certainly, you can't complain about the cost : )

Dan

• edited October 2021

Supposedly it needs a full Kontakt license, and hence the low cost for the library are not beneficial. :(

Of course a Blues Harp could be a nice task for Sample Modeling :)

-Michael

• In fact natural sounding note trasitions on sampled instruments is exactly what the name "Sample Modeing" stands for and what this company is able to offer a lot better than anybody else :) .

-Michael

• To MSchnell

After more experience I have to agree with you. It's not that great, however I think I found something much better which I will discuss in a separate thread.

Thanks !

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.