MIDI 2 Promises Vastly Improved Interoperability and Far Better Dynamic Range

edited June 2021 in Technical Questions

Here is the link to some basic information:

https://www.midi.org/midi-articles/details-about-midi-2-0-midi-ci-profiles-and-property-exchange

Unfortunately we have problem here because you cannot see the link until you highlight it. But drag your mouse over it and it should show up.

One thing that I learned is that a firmware upgrade will be needed for hardware to be MIDI 2 compatible. How many companies will do this, rather than wanting everyone to buy new hardware ?

Will samplemodeling make all of the instruments MIDI 2 compatible with an upgrade? Hopefully it is not nearly as much work as developing the application itself ? But I expect it will be a lot of work, but the promised results which include less note jitter, as well as much greater dynamic range should be worth it.

Please let us know what your plans are, so we can start saving up our money for any upgrades.

Comments

• Correction I could not see the link after I copied it and all during the time I wrote the rest of the comments. It shows up fine once I published it. At the end of the link there is the letter "h" which does not belong, but I clicked on the link and it works nevertheless.

However I could not find a Edit button to make any corrections. Does it exist (but hard to find), or is it mising ?

• edited June 2021

Does Kontakt provide any support for Midi 2 ?

If no. I suppose a library can't make use of such features.

If yes, maybe some features might even be automatically usable without changing the library code.

-Michael

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.