Jazz Appreciation Month

edited April 2018 in User demos
Apparently it's #JazzAppreciationMonth!

Here's my contribution:

Trumpet: Sample Modeling

Saxophones: Audio Modeling SWAM tenor & alto

Piano: Sonivox Eighty Eight Ensemble

Bass: AmpleSound Acoustic Upright Bass (ABU2)

Drums: Addictive Drums - Modern Jazz kit.

Comments

• edited 10:11PM
    Excellent work. Bravo!

Giorgio
    Really Great !

-Michael (Only doing Live playing with my band, using Piano, etc, and SM and AM instruments by Breath controller, just did a first testing recording with The Trumpet. Already not bad, but the piece still needs some practicing...)
    Bravo! Composition, arrangement, playing and sound production are all great!
    On the first listen I was speechless and in awe. On the second listen I was still in awe but starting to sputter incomplete nonsense like "how the...", "woah...", "what, you gotta be...". On the third listen I was back to being speechless but this time kept looping that trumpet solo section at 2:30. Brilliant work. :) Thanks a lot for sharing this.
    Thanks all! :)
    Really great work Jon.
    Thanks Larry!
    @ModernBard: Glad you liked the trumpet solo! It took me a while to get that right. I was blocked for over a month on everything after 2:41. I kept trying stuff and discarding it, over and over. It either didn't fit the mood, or sounded too fake or too dissonant.. I was trying to capture the style of someone like Lee Morgan or Wynton Marsalis playing with Art Blakey. Not sure if I got exactly what I was after there, but I'm satisfied with the result. Oddly enough, I think my favorite bit of trumpet in this tune is the high pitched squeal that kicks off the drum solo at 3:21. :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.