License Transfer Question

edited March 2013 in General Questions
Dear SM,

I love your instruments and want to purhase the new sax collection to replace my old Mr SaxT and the Sax Brothers I have. Is it legitimate for me to sell my old Kontakt instruments? I would use the money to supplement the new purchase before the sale offer expires.

If it is okay, could you outline the process for me please? I noticed this thread:

http://www.samplemodeling.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=334&hilit=transfer

and wanted to confirm that it is still the case, and also to get some help with the "Unwise" file reference. I have a PC based Kontakt 4 system.

Is it a case of uninstalling all SM Kontakt instruments, de-authorising the products with NI and then selling on the correct installation files to the prospective buyer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• edited 4:13AM
    Slavedave,

reselling a downloaded software is legally very controversial, and the law may remarkably differ in various countries. However, we want to favor our customers, hence we accept reselling, provided that the basic legal requirements are met. What´s meant here is that it´s the reseller responsibility to completely remove/deinstall the software and the license key(s) from all his systems and his data storage devices. He must prove that the software he is selling cannot be used any more nor reinstalled on his computer. In most cases, a difficult task, involving a rather complex procedure. For example, the authorizations of Kontakt-based instruments are managed by Native Instruments via their Service Center. This means that the reseller must first contact us, then Native Instruments, providing them our approval, and asking for deactivation of the licenses. It´s, after all, a Native Instruments decision, and we cannot be liable for that. Furthermore, if the reseller purchased the CD backup option, he is also obliged to send the CD to the new owner.

Should you decide to sell your licenses, please contact our support for further assistance after you find a purchaser.

Peter & Giorgio
  • edited 4:13AM
    Peter and Georgio,

Thank you for the prompt reply and the confirmation that it is legitimate to sell the Kontakt instruments. When I have found a buyer, I will send support an email request and also contact Native Instruments to request the appropriate action from them. Many thanks.

Now, where did I put my credit card...........?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.