Trombone, wah mute and breath controller

edited November 2014 in General Questions
I'm trying to use the plunger mute (KY A#0) on a track where I'm using my TEC breath controller. The keyswitch seems very intermittent when using the TEC. If I turn off use of breath controller, it works perfectly, but as soon as I turn it on, CC11 (on my exp pedal) ceases to control the wah and the keyswitch works very strangely.

I suspect the TEC is triggering on/off messages that the keyswitch is picking up on, causing glitches in the momentary function of the mute/on.

Is there any work around for this?

Comments

• I might be having this same issue...I can't seem to get any plunger control and do have a TEC bbc2 conntected. Keyswitch doesn't seem to do anything at all, and I have yet to hear any effects of modulating the plunger position.n

I'm not even quite sure I understand how this is meant to work normally - the manual states that CC11 controls plunger position when keyswitch A1 is activated (i have tried values above and below 64) but if I disable breath control, CC11 takes over expression?

Is there a controllable "wah-wah" plunger in the bucket? Should the be appearing anywhere in the UI? I would love to have this on a foot pedal or control stick if that's possible

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.