Problem updating French Horn and Tuba -> 1.03

edited February 2014 in General Questions
Hi.

It's been a while since The French Horn and Tuba version 1.03 came out, but I've still not been able to update it.

I download the update through Service Center and do exactly as the information tells me to do (I've tried all other kinds of solutions as well) but it just won't update.

I get no error message or anything, but after I've done the update I still get the message in Service Center that I need to update it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

/Samuel

Comments

• edited 5:48AM
    No one?

All you who've succeeded in updating can anyone tell me how it was done then?

Here's how I do it:

(If anyone sees any flaws in my proccess, please tell me).

As I stated above, I do exactly as the README (French Horn+Tuba).txt says.

I use Windows 8.1 64bit.

When I drop Native Content Updater.exe onto FHornTuba_Update_103.ncu or choose to execute Native Content Updater.exe as admin and then find FHornTuba_Update_103.ncu and chooses this, I get the this window:

imagegOC4c0Q.jpg

I klick OK and I get this windows that tells me it installs the v.1.03 manual:

imageU6vKITJ.jpg

After this, the window closes and nothing more happens.

When I look in the library's installation folder I do find the newly "installed" v1.03-manual, the window above told me about.

The manual seems to be the only thing that's new though. Because when I open Service Center it still wants to update French Horn & Tuba to v.1.03...

I'd really appreciate some help here.

Thanks.
  • Hi Loptec,

I really wonder why don´t you:

- write Native Instruments and ask why their Service Center still shows an open update

or

- write our support and ask for help...

:-)

Did the updater perform the proper update? Reading your description I think it did. But you do not write what happened with the instruments themselves. What do you see when you start the Kontakt software? Do you see, for example, "French Horn v.1.03"? Or what do you see inside the "Instruments" folder? If you don´t see any "..v. 1.03" nkis, we must ask Native Instruments why their updater did not replace the them properly. As said - a support case for which we need further details. For example - what does it mean "I still get the message in Service Center that I need to update it"?.. What does it say exactly? Maybe the update is completely done, but only the Service Center "does not know it"?

Please let us know...

Thank you!

Best

Peter
  • edited 5:48AM
    Hi Peter and thanks for your reply :)

Well.. First I wanted to know if anyone else had this problem. That's why I didn't contact support at once.

Until just now I actually was so convinced that it was the update itself that failed and this was the reason Service Center kept asking me to update.

I was so convinced of this that I didn't even think of checking the version number of the loaded instrument. Thanks for giving me that idea.. Feel kind of stupid that I didn't think of that before.. :P

The library says v1.03 (!!) so it seems like it's just Service Center that's confused. I'll contact Native Instruments and see what they have to say about this. :)

Thanks again!

Cheers!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.