External sound cards

edited January 2013 in General Questions
Hi

I want to connect my roland synth ax to mr sax t on my laptop. I know my internal sound card is not up to the job so my question is ,is there an external sound card suitable for around £50? Or do i need to spend more?

I dont need to do anything fancy just play the synth.

Any help is gratefully received

Jas

Comments

• edited 10:12PM
    I'm guessing it's a Windows laptop. If so, you can try asio4all with your internal sound card. If the CPU can handle it (dual core 2.5 GHz should suffice), you don't necessarily need an external sound card to run the tenor sax. Maybe you need a MIDI-interface for your keyboard if it has no USB connection.
    Hi

Yeah sorry forgot to mention it was windows lol

The ax does have usb out,i tried the other thing when i had my ewi but it wouldnt work unfortunately
    audio interfaces are cheap nowadays, although 50 pound is at the lowest limit. Probably Behringer or M-Audio.
    So if my internal sound card is no good what "audio interface" would i need? What does the speaker plug into? Laptop or ext soundcard?

Still confused

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.