Trombone ensemble problem

edited January 2013 in General Questions
Having been amazed by the unison ensemble multi sound of the French Horn I got the Trombone thinking I could so the same, but there's no multi, and my attempts to put together a 3 trombone unison sounded a bit thin, even though I tried some detuning, different vib speed and panning.

Any tips? Or any plans to update the instrument with ensemble-ready trombones or a multi-patch?

Thanks

Dan

Comments

• edited 3:11PM
    Did you "rerecord" the track (notes + dynamics) for each trombone ? This is the key to a good sound, especially with a unison.
    no I didn't . I'll do that, but it's the nice how quickly the Horns unison multi does the job pretty well for you :)
    Yeah I know, but that's kind of a "horn exclusive" feature. I suppose it's because there are really a lot of unisons with horns.
  • Dagmarpiano,

the best approach to ensembles remains the one suggested by Plougot.

For the lazy guys, we are working on an upgrade of the Trumpet and the Trombone which will include the "ensemble maker" of the French Horns, along with many other features, including controllable early reflections and microtuning. ;)

Giorgio & Peter
    Hooray! Unison ensembles!

It's good to be lazy sometimes. :D

-Perry-
    Giorgio Tommasini wrote: microtuning.
    yes!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.