Future intruments

edited January 2013 in General Questions
All the current intruments are so fantastic. Still, I've been dying for you guys to release solo strings for some time. I know they've been talked about long ago on a few other threads here, but I can't seem to find any more current information on what the strings plans are. I appologize if I've missed it.

Can you guys give any updates on when you expect to step into the strings arena?

Thanks so much!!

Comments

• Solo strings was a project of ours that we were carrying out years ago. A very promising viola prototype had been developed. However, we decided to complete the Brass series first.

Now, the SWAM engine seems very suitable for solo strings. We believe that Stefano, after completing the Clarinets and, possibly, the Flutes, will give high priority to a Solo Strings series.

Cannot say more. ;)

Giorgio
  • edited 3:33PM
    Having that said, Is there a possibillity for section strings with a kind of a bulk remote to control all the solo instruments? I really hate the string libraries available today, they are just not flexible enough.
    dormusic wrote: Having that said, Is there a possibillity for section strings with a kind of a bulk remote to control all the solo instruments? I really hate the string libraries available today, they are just not flexible enough.
    Building a string section out of solo instruments has never worked in the past, even with real players recorded in a nice studio, so I think that this is rather a tall order.

However, whilst I am not 100% happy with any of the current string libraries (which is why I'm recording my own), I haven't yet found many things that can't be done. Where are they falling short for you?

D
    Just to add to this thread, the one solo orchestral instrument (other than solo strings) that there is no good version of is the Oboe. This is what I would like to see next. Flutes I can deal with elsewhere, although I'm sure that SM ones would be fantastic.

D
    I would also put in my vote for a solo oboe as it is a more common solo instrument in my opinion. (some may disagree) That being said, solo strings especially the viola would be first priority if possible.

Del
    very pleased to hear about clarinet instrument development, and possibly flutes. Exactly those that I want.
    I would love a Flute
    After checking the demos of upcoming Woodwind releases I would say we are most urgently in need of a decent oboe, english horn and bassoon (in that order). There are pretty good flutes out there, but all double reeds REALLY suffer from crossfading! That doesn't mean I would still love to see solo strings first and a SM flute would be just lovely to have! :-)
    Flute!!!! ;)
    Bassoon (don´t forget the Contrabassoon please), Oboe, English Horn would be my wish.
  • You won't be disappointed :-)

Giorgio
    I tried the clarinets today and they are really nice, warm and flexible.

Any chance for a Contrabass-Clarinet in the future?

I´m not a programmer but the difference to the Bass-Clarinet shouldn´t be too big, or am i wrong?

Speaking of that: are you thinking of Alto- and Bass-Flutes as well or will it only be the regular one? Piccolo intended?

Thanks!
    Thanks for your response!

Great news.
    Oboe or English horn would be awesome. Nothing like an expressive double reed for an orchestral solo...and if they are as good as the clarinets... double awesome!! :D

-Perry-
    Double awesome, but no double prices ^^ That's what's triple awesome about samplemodeling :lol:
    Touche'! :D
    Giorgio Tommasini wrote: You won't be disappointed :-)

Giorgio

YESSSSSSSS!
    I'm very keen to see a SM Flute. I've just bought the clarinets and am very happy with these. I've got a bunch of other flutes from other companies but none of them are very good with the exception of Passion Flute by OrangeTree.....BUT it doesn't work very well with wind controllers (yet) and so it defeats the purpose for my use with a Yamaha WX5 or AKAI EWI4000S. I reckon a SM Flute would be outstanding.
    I'm just going to keep looking down at my feet, slowly walking down a sad, empty street, kicking rocks with my hands in my pockets. I am sad because at this rate we'll have an authentic reproduction of the exact kazoo played by my 6 year old cousin before we get a solo string like the original strad/gofriller that hooked so many of us.

:D All in good fun, and with much respect. Love all the new stuff, but am yearning for some bowing sounds. I know there's a lot of great string libraries out there, but none that I know of that can be shaped so realistically by a live performer.

Keep up the amazing work! Looking forward to the next lirary, no matter what it is. It's always amazing.
    Eric777 wrote: :D All in good fun, and with much respect. Love all the new stuff, but am yearning for some bowing sounds. I know there's a lot of great string libraries out there, but none that I know of that can be shaped so realistically by a live performer.

Keep up the amazing work! Looking forward to the next lirary, no matter what it is. It's always amazing.

Very well said Eric. My favorite aspect of the SM libraries is knowing I can express my own nuances through them and actually feel like I'm "playing a musical instrument" rather than triggering note playback. :D -Perry-
    As the instruments continue to make their appearances, I continue to try to get my Gofriller cello and my MDT to create realistic cello music. The promise is excruciating, but it's just not there. Any hope on the horizon?
    I'm glad I'm not the only one checking in to see if there's any news about strings yet. In another post they mentioned the solo strings and ensembles, and I just can't wait to play that!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.