v2.01 Harder to play live

Has anyone else found v2.01 way harder to play live than the previous version, and less realistic particularly if you want to play a light nimble passage that has legato and staccato? I believe the culprit is this new feature where if velocity is below 100 it ramps in the attack which as a result sounds fake if you any you play softly and lightly. Of course if you are only playing a legato passage it sounds fine. Now to get a similar sound I need to bang on the piano quite hard. Couldn't find anyway to change this feature or turn it off or at least lower that threshold of 100. Not sure if anyone else has found this to be a problem.

Comments

• I've not used any version before this so I can't comment but can you by any chance make a video of the differences?

I'm struggling getting nice light spicatos out of 2.01. Logically, i think of playing soft velocities to achieve this but maybe my thinking is wrong?

• edited February 2022

Yes, I too find the nominal velocity value of 100 to be quite high, especially as the lower velocities produce very unrealistic synthy ramp ups. I think this is why most of the casual (i.e. not meticulously refined) demos of SM strings sound like accordions - people are playing at less than the nominal velocity and ramping up all the time. I'd prefer that the nominal value was 64 and we had more fine-grained control over the attacks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.