Vintage style vibrato ?

I'm trying to get this kind of "Syrupy" string sound, but just can't seem to get enough vibrato out of SM strings (Even with CC1 and 19) at max, does anyone know how I would go about getting that kind of vintage sound ?

Comments

• Using a Seaboard you can get any kind of Vibrato (theoretically :) )

-Michael

• Interesting,

Which parameters would you use to simulate a custom vibrato ? Pitch Bend & Expression ?

• edited August 2020

Both, but not by technical means 😀.

The Seaboard sends Pitch Bend for sideways finger move and a CC, that I mapped to expression, for finger pressure. IMHO this already does sound very natural, but I still need to practice a lot.

-Michael

• Do an overlay with a small string section. Small section vibrato behaves differently than large section vibrato. Expressive vibrato must be set to max for it to work.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.