SM Strings in Dorico

Hey People @ Sample Modeling!

to use with Dorico, I bought the SM Violins. First I wanted to say, that I really think this is a Masterpiece of an Instrument. An absolute joy to play with. And also a joy to program complex playing in an sequencer. Concratulation to the team who made this possible.

Now I wanted to create expression maps for dorico. Its possible to map any cc to any articulation/playing technique mark in the score. So the dynamic rises or lowers, when I draw in hair pins. I can also assign Key switches. So when I write tremolo, it can play that. But it seems, that it is not possible, to map a certain velocity to an articulation. So is there any cc parameter, that can trigger accent, staccato, spiccato an portamento?

An even better alternative would be, if you team up with Arne wallander an make an Noteperformer Deluxe edition with NP's KI and the versatility and sound of SM 😜😎😍

Comments

• Hello Major,

I had the same proposal to both SM and Arne... different objectives, but who knows? Never say never... 😜

About Dorico, what version do you have? With version Pro 3.0 it was already possible to add some dynamic related instructions like velocity modifiers and some more controllers value (e.g. the cc26, the cc98 etc. for staccato and portamento better playback) to create special articulations in the expMap.

Now with Dorico Pro 3.5 it's even possible to link different instructions to different note durations, and it creates obviously more open options.

I'm working on a Dorico 3.5 expression Map, and I will share it in Forums as soon as ready, keep in touch!

Fa.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.