Warning: CC11 Not Received yet

I'm using Kontakt version 5.8.1 (R43) on a Mac Mojave 10.14.6 with my DAW Digital Performer 9.52. I just loaded SampleModeling Solo and Ensemble Violins and opened it up in Kontakt. I have used this version of Kontakt successfully with a variety of other plugins before.

I'm receiving a message - "Warning: CC11 not received yet. The instrument will not work properly." I've googled this warning and seen suggestions to access the Kontakt "wrench" to make adjustments for this CC. However, this version of Kontakt has no "wrench" available.

I already wrote Native Instruments with no response from them. ( I wasn't sure which Samplemodeling forum to write regarding this so I also wrote the Solo and Ensemble Violins forum.)

Please advise what to do.

Thanks!

Comments

• Read the manual :)

-Michael

• (Hmm? I visit a wide variety of forums periodically. Most of the forum responses are very helpful and considerate. This was one of the snarkiest comments I've received to date. Very sad - associated with a company that I have great respect for. )

Please clarify - which manual are you referring to - for which product? The Samplemodeling product is being hosted in the Kontakt player. (Which I suspect may be part of the problem. I never had these kinds of problems when Samplemodeling had their own player.) So, are we talking about a manual for the Samplemodeling product or Kontakt? Which manual and where is it located?

When you purchase a new product, follow the directions, load the products properly and you get an error message like this something is not right. If this isn't the appropriate forum to address this question, please advise which is the correct one.

Thanks.

• edited March 2020

1) Your post does not provide any information based on which it would be possible to help. It just states the obvious (see manual text below). To provide a decent question you need to first read the manual (as stated).

2) I am not with SM but just a happy customer. This is not a support location, but a user forum. for company support you need write to support@samplemodeling.com .

3) The file User Manual SM Strings v.1.1.pdf comes with the product

it says:

MOST IMPORTANT:

Like a real instrument, and unlike conventional sample libraries, the Strings allow continuous transition across the dynamics (from pp to ff), free from any side effects. To accomplish this, a suitable continuous MIDI data sent from a physical MIDI controller, such as an expression pedal (CC11) a breath controller or a wind controller (CC2), (or one of these CCs written into a MIDI track, driving the dynamics), is absolutely necessary.

WITHOUT THIS CONTROLLER THE INSTRUMENT WILL NOT PLAY, displaying a warning.

Other physical MIDI controllers, like sliders, knobs, the modwheel, XY pads, or a Breath- or a Wind- controller can also be used for this purpose. Please refer to the Remapping section of this manual for further details.

• 1) My original post did include information which I thought would be possible to help: " I just loaded SampleModeling Solo and Ensemble Violins and opened it up in Kontakt. I have used this version of Kontakt successfully with a variety of other plugins before. I'm receiving a message - "Warning: CC11 not received yet. The instrument will not work properly. I've googled this warning and seen suggestions to access the Kontakt "wrench" to make adjustments for this CC. However, this version of Kontakt has no "wrench" available."

2) I appreciate you are not with SM and appreciate your help as a happy customer. In retrospect I should have contacted the SM support directly.

3) Thank you for alerting me to the manual and what the manual says in relation to this problem. Somehow I missed that.

Thanks again!

• Pacificm,

please contact our customer support at info@samplemodeling.com. They will certainly help with suggestions about how to properly use this CC and how to send it to the instruments from the external world.

Best,

Giorgio

• The Sample Modeling instruments won't work without first receiving a message from your expression controller. This is set by default to CC11. If you don't have a CC11 controller, you can change the default setting to CC1 (your mod wheel), and when you move your mod wheel the instrument will receive the expression controller message and you'll be in business.

• "you can change the default setting to CC1"

Hello i have a similar problem> Could you explain how to change this setting in the GUI or in Kontakt 6, in order for me to fully access the library usage?

• edited August 2020

The instrument's Gui is rather intuitive, and the library does come with a detailed user guide.

-Michael

• edited May 2021

• click on "main view" scroll down to " CC Remapping #1now use your vibrato wheel AFTER you change The dynamics from 11 to #1 Done. Next go to CC remapping 1 and change the first CC(dynamics) to anything over 100 and you will now hear the full horn...I have only owned this application for a day, but this is what I got so far...Honestly, I see the next dilemma being saving. It does not appear in Kontakt it remembers the CC11 crap one which means if you change patches, you're back to the start each time. Kj..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.