String Ensembles output levels

Hi

I’m finding I need more output level from the String Ensembles instruments in my DAW. I’ve tried adjusting the Kontakt settings for “MIDI controller #7 (Volume) range” for all the individual and master modules, but this makes no difference. The manual quotes: “Ensembles are using permanent internal assignment of CC7 to volume. Therefore the position of the volume slider remains fixed at 0 dB.” This would seem to explain the behaviour, but are there options available to make their outputs hotter, other than the “st. 1” slider in Kontakt’s output section?

Roger

Comments

• You can use the Kontkt "Learn" function to assign the level control to any Midi CC.

OTOH in a DAW, the output level does not matter much. It works with floating point arithmetic and hence using appropriate means, you can increase the level at any point you like, without risking any harm to the signal.

-Michael

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.