for Reaper users of Trumpet

edited December 2017 in General Questions
While my Muse is hibernating, I decided to learn "Reaticulate" presented on Reaper forum:

Reaticulate - articulation management for REAPER

It was always difficult for me to remember single key-switches let alone those brilliant double ones for split portamentos and falls. I decided to use the program to convert as many key-switches as I can. Now I can see names of articulations and how to use them :).

Here is a short video with Trumpet:

Reaticulate in Reaper with Samplemodeling Trumpet

If' you're interested, let me know and I'll edit and attach Reaticulate.reabank

Slava

Comments

• edited 12:28PM
    I very interested to try it. Whatever files you can share will be appritiated.
    Attached, Kobi!

Any questions - let me know.
    sfiks wrote:
    While my Muse is hibernating, I decided to learn "Reaticulate" presented on Reaper forum:

Reaticulate - articulation management for REAPER

It was always difficult for me to remember single key-switches let alone those brilliant double ones for split portamentos and falls. I decided to use the program to convert as many key-switches as I can. Now I can see names of articulations and how to use them :).

Here is a short video with Trumpet:

Reaticulate in Reaper with Samplemodeling Trumpet

If' you're interested, let me know and I'll edit and attach Reaticulate.reabank

Slava

I already tried to use this addon, the problem is when you have to use more articulations at the same time. Definitely Cockos has to do some improvements on the midi side of reaper, I hope with v6 they came out with articulation mapper.
    DANIELE wrote: I hope with v6 they came out with articulation mapper.
    I don't suppose so.

They promised to implement ARA soon, as this got a lot more user requests than articulation mapping. And watching the videos by Celemony what ARA can do, I suppose this will be a lot of work.

OTOH the Midi site just got a major upgrade by the Notation Editor.

As I am very ignorant regarding Midi editing, what exactly is the difference between an articulation mapper (such as AFAIK is implemented in Cubase) and what Rearticulate provides ?

-Michael
    MSchnell wrote:
    DANIELE wrote: I hope with v6 they came out with articulation mapper.
    I don't suppose so.

They promised to implement ARA soon, as this got a lot more user requests than articulation mapping. And watching the videos by Celemony what ARA can do, I suppose this will be a lot of work.

OTOH the Midi site just got a major upgrade by the Notation Editor.

As I am very ignorant regarding Midi editing, what exactly is the difference between an articulation mapper (such as AFAIK is implemented in Cubase) and what Rearticulate provides ?

-Michael

I confused this addon with another one very similar that didn't works very well for me in the past.

I don't know anything about ARA on Reaper forum, can you post some link about it?

The Notation Editor is a great update and it is very usefull but I'm strictly talking about MIDI programming with MIDI editor classic interface.

Well it seems a great addon and I will test it (I'm testing your JSFX too) but I prefer something more integrated in the MIDI editor UI. A dedicated lane with the possibility to insert (by clicking like I do with notes) KS events. With this I have to act with another window and I have to put the edit cursor where I want to insert the articulation. Stacking articulations is another problem like I said.

I think something native will be better speaking of workflow. I love Reaper because you can customize it as you wish and I think in the meantime I'll find some other solution to speed up my workflow with this addon. Maybe I'll put something in my contextual toolbars.
    sfiks wrote:
    Attached, Kobi!

Any questions - let me know.

Reaticulate.reabank.zipReaticulate samplemodeling Trumpet no Reverb.RPP.zip

Thank you sfiks. ;)
    DANIELE wrote: I don't know anything about ARA on Reaper forum, can you post some link about it?
    ARA allows tor tighly integrating Melodyne (and some other plugins) -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=200297

DANIELE wrote: I think something native will be better speaking of workflow. I love Reaper because you can customize it as you wish and I think in the meantime I'll find some other solution to speed up my workflow with this addon. Maybe I'll put something in my contextual toolbars.
    IMHO, things that can be done as add-ons and are not used by close to all customers, should be done a add-ons, to avoid bloating the main program. The beauty of Reaper is that it provides APIs to do a lot of stuff as add-on and to perfectly integrate those.

-Michael

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.