Brass ensembld, look for advice

edited April 2017 in General Questions
I've heard some amazing recreations of starwars/fox/universal themes done that I'm sure you've all hears... I know he used altiverb ect, but advice on actual midI side of things?

For instance, did he record the trumpet part 3 times, or simply stack 3 trumpets and record the trumpet once

Also, is that style more suited for mod wheel playing or BC? I'm unable to do fast reps with the breath controller, is using the key's for the fast stuff the way the go, or just slowing it down?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited 1:38AM
    You'll always get way better results playing the trumpet part three different times rather than playing it once on a stacked patch. The little differences in each performance are the breath of life.

As for staccatos, I too have a hard time doing fast stac passages and often end up performing them more by the keys and just holding a constant breath CC. One tip though, I get better results NOT letting the breath CC stay at 127, but somewhere below that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.