A new video demo of Mr. Sax T., Vers 1.02 by Iwan Roth

edited February 2009 in User demos
This is a real time performance of Black Orpheus by Iwan Roth (Firebird), using Mr. Sax T. version 1.02, and the EWI 4000 windcontroller.

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=rWf_1ajq32E

http://www.iwanroth-sax.com/Resources/Black Orpheus 31-01-09-03.mov

enjoy! :-)

Giorgio, Peter & Stefano

Comments

• edited 11:02PM
    Mr Roth does an excellent intrepretation of a vintage Tenor sound from the 40's. Mr Sax is very credible. I think one would be hard pressed to recognize that the sound was produced with software. I do hear remnants of the growl that fits fine with the style and playing technique in this case.

I don't hear it on more subdued parts. Mick Emery tells me that he can't get away from the growl either. What is puzzeling though is that I don't hear it with everyone's demos. So maybe there is hope of a solution yet.
    Hi Bob,

Thanks for your comments! Just one thing: There is no growl. What you hear is SH. C20 Sub harmonic, which I have assigned to one of the pitch bend plates of the EWI. In this way I can combine pitch bend with the CC 20 effect. A more or less similar sound is often also heard with a real saxophone and this is contributing to the illusion…

firebird
    Firebird, what are the differences with the new update?
    webbiedave wrote: Firebird, what are the differences with the new update?
    I think Stefano could answer this much better then me. I use Mr. Sax only with the EWI, and it has now a wind controller mode 2, specially for use with the EWI. Using this mode, I have a much better control of the vibrato.
    Firebird, thanks. How is the vibrato easier to control? What was the issue with the previous version that made it more difficult?

Also, did you notice any improvements in the non-portamento'd slurs between notes of intervals greater than a 4th?
    webbiedave wrote: Firebird, thanks. How is the vibrato easier to control? What was the issue with the previous version that made it more difficult?

I think there are some posts on this forum about the problems with Mr. Sax and the vibrato. The new version combined with the EWI will make it possible to use vibtato in very similar way as with a real sax and using more less the same technique. When I write more or less, I want to say that a little practice is still required and if one cannot control vibrato on real sax, he will probably also not control it on the EWI

webbiedave wrote: Also, did you notice any improvements in the non-portamento'd slurs between notes of intervals greater than a 4th?

I never did use portamento over a 4th, but I will try and let you know[/quote]
    I was asking about non-portamento'd. The larger intervals, when slurred, can sound quite artificial. I was wondering if you've noticed an improvement in that area.
    Yes, Optimized Legato and Portamento behaviour on larger intervals . :)

Best

Stefano
    Stefano Lucato wrote: Yes, Optimized Legato and Portamento behaviour on larger intervals .

Happy to read this :)

When will we have the pleasure to download this update ?

Best

Valère
  • Valère,

As soon as Native Instruments will be kind enough to upload it to their Service Center.

We are longing for it :evil:

However, if somebody really needs to get vers. 1.02 on an emergency basis, i.e. cannot wait about one week, please let us know.

Best,

Giorgio

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.