Pop 80's Alto Sax

edited August 2016 in User demos
I love throwing a few effects on the SWAM Alto Sax. I feel like I'm getting a pretty decent 80's pop sound this way. There is a bit of SWAM Alto Flute at the beginning. I actually re-recorded little bits of songs I recorded back in the 80's...yes I am old. :) Anyway, having fun as always!

Comments

• edited 9:33AM
    Wonderful !

-Michael (I suppose I'm older :D )
    MSchnell wrote: Wonderful !

-Michael (I suppose I'm older :D )
    Thanks Michael! Well...I'll be 58 in September. :)
    So I beat you by nearly five years :D

-Michael
    Fun bit! Thanks for sharing this, Perry. One question on technique. What did you do for the squeeze/slide at 1:49? Is that a pitch-bend slide up to the note combined with a hint of growl? If so, are you using more than one controller for live play or tying multiple parameters to one controller?
    ModernBard wrote: Fun bit! Thanks for sharing this, Perry. One question on technique. What did you do for the squeeze/slide at 1:49? Is that a pitch-bend slide up to the note combined with a hint of growl? If so, are you using more than one controller for live play or tying multiple parameters to one controller?

Thanks! I'm using a breath controller, after touch for growl, wheel for pitch bend. :)
    Perry wrote: Thanks! I'm using a breath controller, after touch for growl, wheel for pitch bend. :)
    Ah! After touch. Thanks for the tip.
    Yep. Aftertouch is a great addition to a Brath controller. Withe the flute (and with "breath-less" synth sounds), I use it for Vibrato depth.

-Michael

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.