Short Cello Video

edited July 2016 in User demos
I did a short video playing the new Cello. Real time on a Kurzweil PC3x using an HB-1 breath controller. I think it would be nearly impossible to achieve those subtle nuance changes in articulation with a traditional library. Especially in a real time pass without keyswitches. :)

Comments

• edited 11:25AM
    Perry wrote: I did a short video playing the new Cello. Real time on a Kurzweil PC3x using an HB-1 breath controller. I think it would be nearly impossible to achieve those subtle nuance changes in articulation with a traditional library. Especially in a real time pass without keyswitches. :)

The nuance is pretty amazing. I’m wondering what it would sound like if you copied the same midi to several different instances, if it would sound like an orchestral section playing the same part.
    man this is really impressive...both the instrument and the performance. Do you mind sharing what controls you have mapped? It sounds like it's working really well (or if you've gotten into that elsewhere, just point me to it).

Thanks for posting
    "The nuance is pretty amazing. I’m wondering what it would sound like if you copied the same midi to several different instances, if it would sound like an orchestral section playing the same part."

I just did a short cue, experimenting with multiple cellos (celli?). I played them in one at a time of course. I think the instruments' strength is in its expressive solo capabilities. I could probably get better results with more experimenting. I tacked on the 3 unison cellos "exposed" at the end of the cue. Just a test. ;)
    Perry wrote: "

I just did a short cue, experimenting with multiple cellos (celli?). I played them in one at a time of course. I think the instruments' strength is in its expressive solo capabilities. I could probably get better results with more experimenting. I tacked on the 3 unison cellos "exposed" at the end of the cue. Just a test. ;)

Thanks for trying that out. Great cue!

I listened and the idea of multiple instances sounding like a proper section has promise. It sounds like there's some phasing which could probably be eliminated by tweaking the timbre of each individual instance to be different enough from the rest.

Hopefully, in the future SM will have a section setting for all the strings.

Thanks!

Paul
    "Thanks for trying that out. Great cue!

I listened and the idea of multiple instances sounding like a proper section has promise. It sounds like there's some phasing which could probably be eliminated by tweaking the timbre of each individual instance to be different enough from the rest.

Hopefully, in the future SM will have a section setting for all the strings.

Thanks!

Paul"

I think a proper quartet will be really cool. I believe a bass & violin are planned. I hope so! :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.