Garage band question?

edited December 2014 in General Questions
Hi, been off music for quite some time, but have just returned to these excellent instruments.

Managed to get everything set up and upgraded, but am having a problem with how the Swam engine is displayed in Garage band.

The engine is displayed, but the top is covered by a grey strip .... it has a box for selection and a drop down box for "Manual" or "Make Preset" and I can't make it go away LOL.

You may have guessed I don't normally use Mac ... so any suggestion to get rid of the F$£%()& grey strip appreciated, before I go insane LOL.

Regards pete.

Comments

• edited 10:26AM
    No one?

I used garage band before I stopped playing quite awhile back and I didn't have this problem ... I only ever used the Mac mini for music so it has not been used for sometime ... On re-using the mac I was prompted to install updates ... I am assuming Garage band was updated?

It's pretty daft really, as all the top/important controllers are covered, I can't even choose wind controller?

Maybe someone could suggest some alternative hosts? Please, this is driving me nuts LOL.

Regards Pete.
    Did you try mainstage? I know it is very popular for Mac.

You can also do fully functional trial of Reaper for free and it is cross platform and popular for live and studio recording on both PC and Mac. Very light on system resources, very reliable for live playing and have well established community online (this is my VSTi host of choice)
    Pete,

What is your screen resolution?

SWAM plugins display correctly on a 13" 1280x800 px MacBook Pro.

If you have OSX Lion or above (if I am not wrong), you can put the application in fullscreen mode (top-right double arrow) gaining some pixel.

What version of Garageband are you using?

Plugin windows in Garageband X have a little gray button (top-right) to reduce that dark gray bar over the plugin GUI (see the attached pictures).

Best Regards,

Emanuele

Samplemodeling / SWAM team
    Thanks Kobir and Emanuele, I will probably try Reaper for now.

As you can see from the screenshot it makes samplemodeling unusable. I am using a mac mini attached to a 50" smart TV, I don't think screen resolution is the problem, but Garage band?

I am using garage band 11 version 6.0. 05

imageScreenshot2014-12-17at180342.png

Regards Pete
    PS, just to be clear, this is not a problem caused by samplemodeling because I had no problem before garage band updated ...... and it is not a problem caused by samplemodeling updates, as I got the same problem with my instruments that were not updated ... in fact I haven't updated the saxes yet and I still get that grey bar on them?

Regards Pete.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.