Unexpected behavior of SM Strings in Kontakt Player 6.4.2

When I load an instance of any of the Ensemble Strings, KP loads four instances. The first is open and the other three are minimized. Is that correct? If I delete the three minimized entries then the open one stops working properly. That really doesn't seem right. Anybody else experience this? AND How do I correct it?

Another weird behavior is that the Volume slider is set to 0.0 and WILL NOT MOVE regardless of CC values sent to it. If I try to drag it, it snaps back to 0.0.

Windows 10, 48G Ram, i7

P.S. I have SM Brass, too, and they work as expected.

Comments

• edited May 2021

This is because the ensembles are multiple instruments that are linked.

I suppose this is described in the user guide,

-Michael

• Yes it is - my fault for not reading carefully enough. I thought I knew enough from watching videos - oops. Lesson learned.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.