What do I need to change in my setup to get better performance?

Hi,

I just bought the strings library and think it's awesome but i'm not on the best Macbook pro and I'm getting lot of dropouts. I'm trying to figure out what I need to change

Cubase 11 @ 256 buffer setting

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

External 2T SSD drive on USB3!!

I don't know if this library uses Kontakt's Direct From Disk Feature, if it does would changing the drive to Thunderbolt SSD help?

Comments

• edited May 2021

AFAIK the Library can't decide if or if not using DDS. This is set in Kontakt.

Dropouts might be introduced by too low buffer size, too low Ram or too slow CPU.

Michael (No experience with Mac at all)

• Ah! I didn't know that it could be set in Kontakt, i'll give that a go, thank you ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.