Tec Breath controller pitch problem

When I tilt my head the pitch gets affected , because it's very hard to keep your head completely still I'm playing off key half of the time. No possibility to correct it within my daw (Cubase)

I tried adjusting things within SM and the tec control app but found no solution.

When the strings open it aks for CC11. When I want to use the breath controller I have to blow then. Then the dynamics come in CC11 never in CC2. When I try to use the breath controller option within SM I can't hear a thing it doesn't work. The instrument itself sounds great though.

Even when I use CC11 for dynamics I have terrible intonation problems , changing the pitch controls to 0 changes nothing.

Comments

• edited February 2020

As you say that head tilt is detected, I assume you use the TEC BBCv2 (which I also use).

You don't say if the head tilting affecting pitch is intentional or not. I in fact feel nodding for pitch (and head tilt for vibrato speed) more "natural", but this of course is a matter of taste,

Anyway you obviously need to get the assignment of Midi CCs to the functions of the instrument correctly set up. There are lots of parameters in the AM instruments to tweak this.

Moreover the TEC software allows for tweaking the curves that are used to map the blow strength and head position to the CC values.

-Michael

• Of course I meant as well SM as AM instruments.

-Michael

• Personally, I haven't been able to make any use of the tilt controls reliably enough I'd want them anywhere near performance. It's awkward and difficult to center (as you've found out)...neat that they included the facility and I'd like to find a use for it, but I haven't come across any of the parameters it seems to fit naturally.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.