Using sound shaping tools

I have been using The Trumpet and Trombone for a couple years now. My use is sequencing parts in Pro Tools, cresting horn parts as part of larger productions involving both live and other sequenced VI’s. I have absolutely no interest in performance. I can almost (but not quiet) get realistic brass sounds. I have slightly better results with The Trombone, but the trumpet sound too often sounds like a student-played clarinet. I’m looking for ideas on how to achieve more authentic sounds. Anyone have any ideas ideas, hints, or suggestions?

Comments

• Incidentally, I use CC11, Mod Wheel, Pitch Bend, Reflections, attack and release. I have had no success using the formant controls. A few, but not all, of the key-switches yield results.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.