Touch OSC

Apologies if this has already come up, but a search for OSC returned no results. My question is this: is anybody out there using Touch OSC with SM instruments with success? Touch OSC would be really useful for SM instruments but I'm finding it almost unusable because it doesn't seem to send note-off messages to Kontakt, so all those nice keyswitches that SM comes with don't seem to work. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? When I release a button in OSC I see Kontakt gets some kind of midi message but it seems to just be another note-on. Anyway, any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• edited 5:46AM
    Ugh. I hate it when I answer my own question right after posting it! So feel free to delete this thread. The issue I was having was for some reason some of my buttons were limited to sending values of greater than 0, so instead of a note-off, OSC was sending another note value.
  • edited 5:46AM
    I'm about to create a Lemur template/interface for Samplemodeling instruments in Lemur, and maybe also in TouchOSC if there is enough demand.

So if you already use TouchOSC for these instruments, I wanted to ask for what specific task you use it most.

- keyswitches

- parameter control

- other?

Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.