Move to a new Mac

edited September 2012 in General Questions
I'm about to move to a new mac and want to make sure I can re install my SM instruments.

Am I right in thinking I need to de-register on the old Mac first? Then I assume I need an install file to re-install on the new Mac?

What if I didn't keep the original install file?

Any help very much appreciated.

AP

Comments

• edited 12:16PM
    aparnell wrote:
    Am I right in thinking I need to de-register on the old Mac first?
    no. I asked the same question to NI support, and they told me that we should delete the old version. You will need a new response file to unlock the software on the new machine. Use the NI Service Center for this.

For the installer, you can go to the NI website and download it from there. If you need the installer for the Soprano sax, I'm sure you can ask for it at the SWAM site.
    Thanks for that.

So do I un-install Kontakt or my SM sounds individually?

Then maybe run service centre for it to register that I deleted it?

Your help much appreciated.

AP
    deinstall on the old machine, and install and register on the new one.

I usually install all of the software, and register after. That way I can do the registering process for all NI software/libraries in one go.
    Just to say - all installed and working beautifully. Many thanks for your help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.