Please, Please, please do a Real Sax.

edited October 2008 in General Questions
Please do The Real Sax. Your trumpet is fantastic.

Comments

• edited 12:34PM
    I second that motion! -Please- :D
    well this has been asked for from many people.

But I was thinking about the many, many different expressions of a saxophone. It mumbles, squieks, and to pack all this into a still sample-based instrument looks like an impossible task.

Therefore a flute or a clarinet or some brass instruments are probably more likely to appear with the SampleModeling technology. But I would be more than glad if I was wrong, and a sax would be made.
    Please please Sax

Thank.
  • Do you really want a sax guys? :roll:

How much would you pay for it? :mrgreen:

Giorgio
    The same as the trumpet? ;) Unless you cover multiple saxes....In that case I better start saving! :D Show us a demo....we'll show you the cash! :lol: I would pay to be a beta tester. 8-)
    Please, please, let me be a beta tester. Please, please make a Sax.
    On the serious tip, you guys have done a wonderful job with your Trumpet it would be nice to have a sax that is just has good along with Scarbee Red Bass. Now if I can just convince Scarbee to make a Double Bass.
    I would like a sax too but...

Please have all the saxes in one package for about the same price as the trumpet!

If I have to buy Tenor,Soparano,Alto and Baritone seperate for £140 each I will not bother.

P.S. If you do manage a "Jazz Flute" make sure it has the "Sung style" included.

Just off to play spanish flea again.
    slapper wrote: I would like a sax too but...

Please have all the saxes in one package for about the same price as the trumpet!

If I have to buy Tenor,Soparano,Alto and Baritone seperate for £140 each I will not bother.

P.S. If you do manage a "Jazz Flute" make sure it has the "Sung style" included.

Just off to play spanish flea again.

Agree100% with this post...

And also Giorgio + Peter don't forget about the Violin and the Cello :mrgreen:

ok i'll shut up now :-)
    So, would saxes work within the sample modeling "process"? I think it would be too much to ask to cover every possible articulation , but a nice range from breathy pianissimo to growling forte would satisfy me, especially if it's as "playable" as The Trumpet. -Perry-
    Do you really want a sax guys?

How much would you pay for it?

Oh, yes, I too really want one. I would pay as much as for The Trumpet, even for a single instrument (e.g., just Tenor) if that is what it takes to get comparable performance. (Before The Trumpet, I might have felt differently, but now I'm hooked.)
    Do you really want a sax guys?

How much would you pay for it?

Oh, yes, I too really want one. I would pay as much as for The Trumpet, even for a single instrument (e.g., just Tenor) if that is what it takes to get comparable performance. (Before The Trumpet, I might have felt differently, but now I'm hooked.)

Looks like someone has more money than sense!Remember though the trumpet is good but the whole thing was only 300mb.For £140 i'd want a library in GB these days.Sure the trumpet sounds the most realistic but how long will it be before some other producer makes something similar, bigger and cheaper.People whos say they will pay £140 for one instrument just encourages the makers to become greedy and charge a higher price.Let's face it there is no competition at the moment so they migh try it on if encoraged.Yellow tools candy is not going to be as real but it has FX which is really hard to acheive even with harmonically alligned morphing.Just try getting the trumpet to mumble or scream...try it.Candy (sax only) is also 9GB and about £200.

I really do not want to pay £560 for the four main saxes however morphable, i would just wait for some competition to arrive...it's coming trust me.Who remembers paying £600 for advanced orchestra...look how much it is now!

Love the trumpet though.
    slapper wrote: If you do manage a "Jazz Flute" make sure it has the "Sung style" included.
    Hi,

The Trumpet is just amazing! Since I have the Strad and the Gofriller, getting into the cc 11 control was almost like second nature. Wonderfully expressive instrument with a bit of 'verb added!

Really bad form to plug another developer's product in my first post in this esteemed forum, :oops: but if you want a sung jazz flute, you might want to look closer at BelaD's Retro Flute...

Thanks again for The Trumpet! And now for the sax! Please include a soprano.

Best,

Joey
    each item is worth to be paid for, especially item like samplemodeling's trumpet. i don't think that price of the mr.sax will be much higher than at which i`ve bought the trumpet.
    Giorgio Tommasini wrote: Do you really want a sax guys? :roll:

How much would you pay for it? :mrgreen:

Giorgio

I see a sax is coming soon -- excellent! How about a soprano sax also? I'd gladly pay the $240 for each if they play like The Trumpet. There is nothing else out there like it, easily worth it's weight in gold.

tsnider

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.