Iphone and ipad instruments ?

edited April 2012 in General Questions
Well, I guess I'm dreaming, but having an Iphone connected to my EWI, would turn my samplemodeling instruments into something even more real (no need of a laptop, soundboard...)

Is this planned, even in the 5 upcoming years ?

Best regards

Jethro

P.S. Thx sooooo much for selling such some marvels !

Comments

• edited 11:03AM
    I was thinking about the same. An iPad, a MIDI-interface, and a battery-powered EWI would be an awesome minimal setup.
    Hi!

Thank you, Jethro, for your appreciation :-)

The iPad idea is a nice one, no doubt, but the problem is that there is no Kontakt version running on an iPad - at least that´s what I was told by Native Instruments. As soon as they develop a Kontakt Player for iPad - no problem on our side... :-)

Peter
    While this really isn't what you are looking for it reminds me of an idea I have. My goal was to make my USB EWI wireless.

What you can do is get the Ipad camera connection kit, which allows you to connect the EWI to the IPad. Get an app which will accept midi input and pass it through WiFi to a Mac running a midi server. (I think this should word on Windows too, but I'm not as sure). Kontakt can then use this as its midi input, and voila, you've got an overly complicated way of playing your EWI on your Ipad.

My idea was to do this with the Iphone so I could be wireless on stage. The only catch is the iOS doesn't allow the camera connection kit on the Iphone yet. (it comes up with an error saying its not supported.) lame!! I suppose I could still do it with the ipad, but that's quite a large device to be wearing on stage!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.