The Korg NanoPad midi controller for SampleModeling inst.

edited March 2012 in General Questions
I alway found my finger more precise in accurate expression controlling, compared to my foot on the expression pedal.

For that reason I frequently remapped cc11 to the modwheel or to some faders for real time play.

But then the vibrato was out of control... looking for an obvious solution I try to find a multi-axis controller: MAC users can find some nice software for the track pad, but for Windows I had to look for some hardware solution, easy to put on my piano, and I found it in KORG Nano series.

http://korg.com/nanoseries2

This little midi controller has a nice and easy programming utility, and so will provide with cc11 and cc1 simultaneusly under your finger.

Breath control and vibrato can be managed in effective and instinctive way (OT: it's amazing with Giorgio's solo strings by Garritan as well...), lot of keyswitch and control values can be rapidly transmitted according your taste and your playing style.

I will post a video demo as soon as I've time to produce it... I recommend to check it if you got my same problem with the pedal, and you haven't a Yamaha BC.

Last but not least... it's really affordable!

Comments

• edited 11:41AM
    Ok, it's just a very, very rough take, (live in direct sound, no editing at all, including errors...):

but it gives an idea of what I'm talking about.

Featuring Sax T, Trombone, Trumpet.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.