The Trumpet Problem

edited December 2011 in General Questions
I've had a problem with the trumpet ever since being purchased. I tried different Operating systems and windcontrollers. Currently use mac OS 10.6, kontakt 3, EWI, Maudio fastrack pro. Tried various EWI settings regarding velocity etc. no luck.

The trumpet after a few minutes of playing, will randomly play individual notes much louder with a completely different timbre. This happens once every 12 measures or so on average. Have no idea what triggers it. I also have the saxes and have not experienced this problem with those instruments.

Any Ideas?

Comments

• edited 9:24AM
    if you use the latest 2.5.2 version, it is probably advised to use the latest Kontakt 4 player. I am not exactly sure if it will run on Mac 10.6, maybe it must be updated to Lion.

But if you don't want to update anything, earlier trumpet versions will run fine with your setup. I used Kontakt 2 and Kontakt 3 for quite a while with the trumpet, running Snow Leopard, Lion, XP, Vista, W7. Make sure you load the correct instrument for your Kontakt version. There are files marked 'for K3 only'. And select the windcontroller preset inside the instrument, then there should be no problems.

Feel free to ask if there are any questions. I also have an EWI, I find the trumpet performs very well with that controller.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did try earlier versions of the trumpet and used the correct files and settings no luck.
    maybe it's the OS. Did you try with another computer (and same audio card)? And Kontakt4?
    Hi,

This should be a trouble with the ewi sensor setting knob : in the past, i was playing with the internal sounds and i had the same trouble when i start playing with the sm sound : random notes appears ... i reduce the sensitivity of the breath sensor with the two knobs on the ewi and it work perfectly ... but now, i have the opposite trouble with the internal sound : they sound flat and very silencious ...

I even post about this two years ago because i'd like to play live with patchman bank en sm sound without to have to modify setting of the ewi but it seems there is nothing to do about it.

Only two way : use a midi plug that decrease cc2 or buy a second EWI ... one for acoustics mavellous sm instruments and one for the brecker electric sounds ...
    I understand the problem. But I find the internal synth very responsive, even with a sensitivity setting that is not ideal. When the EWI is optimised for SM instruments, the internal synth seem still playable to me. But I'm not a good EWI player.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.