Receptor compatibility

edited June 2011 in General Questions
I have been running Mr. Sax T and Trumpet on my macbook with reasonable success considering the age and processing speed of the computer. I am considering getting a muse Research Receptor to run Kontakt and these virtual instruments and probably the other instruments eventually and I have a concern about compatibility though they (Muse) seem to feel they will work. The soprano is on something different than Kontakt, will this be an issue? Thanks for your attention.

Dan Mackey

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/EWIzistable/132580106758370

Comments

• edited 10:55AM
    Here is some news about the MuseBox, which will be distributed by Peavey with a price of $899 MAT in the US.

It's a cute little 2U half rack "portable" box. The big question is will it run Kontakt and hence the samplemodeling instruments.

http://www.gearwire.com/muse-reasearch-musebox-production-prototype-demo-winter-namm-2011.html

also look at:

http://www.keyboardmag.com/article/106921
    The answer apparently is Yes! as on the Muse Research site the sample Modeling instruments are loadable on the Receptor.
    That's great news. Now I have to start saving my money.
    Be Careful here. You will need to make sure you purchase a MUSE Receptor 2+ or it will not work. I am so mad at MUSE I cannot see striaght. A slick talking salesman from there talked me into purchasing the Receptor 1 Refurb almost 2 years ago at an amazing price. I asked them if the EW QL PLAY engine products were compatabile. He told me that that machine would always be able to receive upgrades to stay current and I quote, "We expect the EW PLAY software to be compatiable within the next couple of weeks!". So I whipped out my 15 hundred bucks and bought one. That was 2 years ago at Christmas. PLAY is still not compatable and now I understand that I will have to pay as much as I bought the unit for in the first place to updgrade to version 2 to be able to run all of the current day plugins. For that kind of money, I could have just purchased another computer and could run VSL Ensemble Pro. Now the stupid unit crashes every tenth start. I wish I never bought it honestly. ANd I hat ebeing lied to. SO if you take the plunge, make sure they don't try to sell you a refurbed unit, and do not expect new plugins to work.

RJ
    I would also add that it is important to make sure that the Receptor is fast enough to be able to play at low latency. they are not the newest technology.

D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.