Smple Modeling & Laptop Problems

edited January 2011 in General Questions
Anyone who uses a laptop & has problems with latency, dropouts, pops clicks etc., may find this useful.

I was having problems playing my Sample Modeling instruments. I DL'd DPC Latency Checker & LatencyMon. LatencyMon found the culprit! There's a file named ACPI.sys. It has something to do with battery management. Disabling it in Device Manager did nothing.

I read in another forum where a fellow, with the same problem, removed his battery & the problem went away. I removed mine & the result was immediate! I don't use battery power with my lappy, so all is good....

Mick

Comments

• Thanks for this very interesting info, Mick !

Giorgio
  • edited 9:02AM
    thank you also, good to know. Although I never ran into this problem, I always run my mobile computers without battery in the slot, except when I'm sitting in a train. But there I don't play music.

But I have to create a power plan in W7 when I use mobile computers with USB audio interfaces. It's the entry "USB selective suspend setting", this should be disabled. Also in Cubase the "disable power saving" checkbox has to be checked.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.