SampleModeling Trombone, Trumpet vs Logic - BigBAG

edited November 2010 in General Questions
SampleModeling Trombone, Trumpet vs Logic - BigBAG

Hello! For a long time has noticed such mistake. If to write down SampleModeling Trombone, Trumpet vs Logic parties, where there are short notes (shall admit a staccato) at reproduction the tool behaves adequately only in casethe track with it is active, т.е is allocated in a window arrangement In case of when it is chosen other path with Audioinstrument written down begins generates somehow strange, attack varies and in general something not clear starts to be created Has checked up in Digital Performer, Cubase 5 such mistakes are not present. I spread examples of sounding and миди. Who knows as to win this mistake, I shall be very grateful!

:?

Here video small.

http://files.mail.ru/M261LU

Yours faithfully. Anatoly Cheremnykh

Comments

• edited 8:47PM
    Привет, напиши мне в личку подробно, что у тебя не получается, а я переведу более понятно для всех остальных. Я чуть мозг не сломал от такого английского :) Если я все правильно понял, то у тебя в Logic при проигрывании трека с короткими нотами (стаккато) тромбоном или трубой, проигрывается нормально только, если этот трек активен. А если выбрать другой, то инструмент начинает глючить и вести себя некорректно, правильно?
    Now again for everyone in English. The message was:

'Hi! For a long time I've noticed one bug. If Trombone or Trumpet midi track contains short notes (for example staccato), then when you play this, the instrument plays correctly only when you make this track active, i.e. if it was selected in arrangement window.

But when you select other instrument track, it begins to sound very weird, you can hear strange attacks and in general it begins to misbehave. I checked this in Digital Performer, Cubase 5 and I found that there are no such bugs in these sequencers. I uploaded video with example of such strange sounding and midi. If somebody know how to overcome this bug, I'll be very grateful to them'
    Anatoly also said:

'I tested this issue in different sequencers: Cubase 5, Pro Tools, Digital Performer and all of them played correctly. But in Logic and Studio One this strange bug is present. Notably, in Studio One any SampleModeling instrument behaving in a strange fashion, regardless of what track is active in arrange window. In the end of my video I specially loaded another instrument in Kontakt so you could see that this problem occurs only with SampleModeling ones.'

'I tried both 3rd and 4th Kontakt versions, but the result is the same. My current version is 4.1.1.3832. At the end of my video I specially loaded Chris Hein's Flugelhorn to show that there's no similar problems with it'
  • Hello,

I've just quickly watched the video you posted... and it seems this is the same problem I'm having BUT with the trombone instead of the trumpet! The trumpet works fine, I don't have any of the sax's unfortunately, but I don't get any problems with the trombone where notes 'drop out' like on the sax demo. Just the notes sound like they 'cut' in.

This is why I've always been so confused as to why the trombone sounds great on its own, but then as soon as I change tracks, the 'attack' starts to go crazy like in your video.

I'm using logic 9 also, hope we can get this one sorted! :)

James
  • Actually, now that it's been mentioned about the same problem with the trumpet... I've just been looking at some project files and it seems I am having that problem! Just it wasn't as noticeable because I had another 40 + Instruments over the top of them, now that I've muted them I can tell this is going on. But it didn't used to happen.... it didn't happen in logic 8, and I'm pretty sure it's not always happened in logic 9 either. So maybe if I did have the sax brothers I'd be getting the same problem. Wonder what's going on! :S

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.