CPU

Hello,

I own "the trumpet" and "the trombone".

I'm on a mac pro quatro 2*2.66 ghz 10Gig.

When i open 3 times the trumpet and 2 times the trombone. ,very normal section of brass, then my cpu is over the top.

Esspecially when using the key switches.

Is this normal or do i have to change some settings?

I work with logic 9 and i run both programmes in kontakt player 4

I hope you can help me.

Comments

• Artists-choice,

do you open trumpets and trombones in individual instances of Kontakt? Is multicore enabled?

Best,

Giorgio
  • edited 11:57AM
    Hi Giorgio,

I use it multi so i have one kontaktplayer open. It is in multicore mode but it only use one core as i can see in Logic's CPU meter.

Best regards Bryan
  • It has been reported that using separate instances of Kontakt for each instrument, the CPU load may be lower.

Please try this.

Giorgio
    Oke thnx for the tip. i try it tomorrow in the studio. I keep in touch if it works.
    I have tried your tip but still i have a real cpu problem with 3 trompets and two trombones. Specially when i use the fall keyswitch. At that moment my computer don't like it anymore haha.
    in my experience the trumpet needs the most CPU power of all Samplemodeling instruments. However, I can load each instrument (one trumpet, all saxes, all trombones) into one Kontakt 4 player, and the CPU is not high when I play one instrument at a time. In my workflow that is similar to the old tape-based workflow, I often render a finished instrument to audio, and continue with MIDI after that, which will be rendered again, etc.

I believe you could run a couple of trombones without problems, but with more than one trumpet it may become hot for the CPU. Try to render the trumpets only and see if there is a better CPU performance.
  • What you're reporting is somewhat puzzling. Are you using a single midi track?

I'm using a PC with Intel Core2 Quad CPU wQ9400 @2.66GHz. I can run up to 7 trumpets or 6 trombones loaded on separate instances of Kontakt (buffer 256), without glitches, provided they are driven from independent midi tracks. Using a single midi source means that all events are occurring simultaneously.

A fall is a very fast sequence of notes. If simultaneously applied to all the instruments, it may result in CPU overrun.

Best,

Giorgio

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.