Big Band Feature for "Mr A"

edited March 2016 in User demos
The Alto has really become one of my favorite instruments to work with. I have a number friends who are excellent alto players so I wrote a Big Band composition to feature alto sax, but Mr. A does a pretty good job as well…

BTW, if any of you have or know of Big Bands and would like copies of the parts of any of the pieces I post, I'm happy to send them to deserving bands.

In this mock up all winds and brass are SM instruments. Drums programmed using Studio Drummer in Kontakt 5.

I'm especially proud of the Alto improvised solo.. I hope you like it.

Comments

• edited 2:19PM
    Excellent !

Thanks for sharing.

-Michael
    Well done Dan-arranging and the alto solo! The alto is one of my faves as well but i do find that certain pieces work better with certain saxes but that just might all be in my head.
    Dan,

Your compositions and playing are incredibly good and quite amazing over such a huge variety of genres and styles.

I assume that composing and performing music is your main occupation, and sounds like you love it.

Are most, or all of your music, posted on soundcloud done with virtual instruments ?

Thanks,

Dan
    This is a beautiful piece!

Did you play each of the horn parts separately, or, did you play "chords"? Most of it sounds real, bit there are other parts where is does indeed sound "keyboardy".

Having said that, this would be the minimum standard I would set for MY projects, when I get the libraries.

Really good work!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.