Heroic/melodic Trumpet Happy New Year!

edited May 2009 in User demos
This is part of a piece I'm working on. Thanks for helping me get The Trumpet sorted out on my system. I've had to increase my latency to around 16ms on my single core PC but now I can pretty much use The Trumpet as I like! -Perry-

Comments

• edited 10:26AM
    Check out the "news" section on this website. Sounds like Samplemodeling will be busy in 2009! :D :D
  • You're welcome Perry,

It was worthwhile. :)

Keep up the good work!

Giorgio
    I like very much The Trumpet in this context.

It's a nice begining.

I am waiting for the following Perry...
    you have a knack of using the software tu full advantage not to mention you are a pro.
    Hi, nice work, Perry. The only thing I don´t find realistic (IMHO :? ) is the vibrato at the ending of some notes, but anyway, nice work!
    Perry - Must have missed this post as I was hoping for more non jazz/funk applications of the two instruments. Very nice job on this! Very tasteful and elegant. Shows the flexibility of the trumpet.

As for the comment about too much vibrato - as I real trumpet player myself I use a lot of vibrato when playing so I did not find it too much. The real test with vibrato on any instrument or voice is when to use it, how much and for how long.

Thanks for posting!

Del Carry

PS: What I would really love to hear is the Sax used in non jazzy/funky situations. Maybe this is why you don't see too many saxes in orchestras only in smaller ensembles. They're just too saxy it seems! ugh!
    Very nice music and use of the Trumpet Perry.

cheers
    Hi Perry,

I also like this piece - what did you use for the other orchestral elements?

Thanks

Cato
    Hi cato. East West Gold, Miroslav Philharmonic, WIVI, Sring Essentials 2nd Edition, Epic Horns and of course, The Trumpet.
    Hi Perry,

Similar set up to me, except I don't have WIVI and String Essentials - do you rate WIVI? Just had a listen to their demos and some of them sound good...are they easily playable?

Cheers
    They don't have the detail of the Samplemodeling instruments but they are very responsive with a breath controller and you can have large ensembles. I find the combination of Samplemodeling & WIVI cover all my wind instrument needs. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.