Samplemodeling secret plans unveiled !

Comments

• edited 2:38PM
    Waiting here for these new products (especially the strings!) as eagerly as everyone else, yet cannot help wondering also about the long-promised (non-free) upgrades to the Trumpet and the Trombone which would introduce many fantastic new features as asked by users, and perhaps even more.... :D

Wondering as in "when :?: " Or put more mildly "is there any chance that it might happen in 2013 :roll: "

Sorry for using the w-word here, but it has been almost 1.5 years since the first mentioning of these upgrades on this forum. I'm kind of desperate for these upgrades, especially the one for Trumpet. Whatever the price... ;)

Am I the only one here?
    Well I would rather see the flute first, since I have more use for it than a bassoon/contrabassoon.

You're probably right though that it is more logical that these will be next, since the work that has already been done on the other double reeds.

Strings (solo & ensemble) are still probably a fair way off, I am guessing.
    Please please please include an Alto Flute (and if possible Bass Flute) with the Flutes. It would be too bad to miss these in my gradually growing samplemodeling setup.
    soundtracker wrote: Please please please include an Alto Flute (and if possible Bass Flute) with the Flutes. It would be too bad to miss these in my gradually growing samplemodeling setup.

Given that their current trend seems to be to release the instruments in families, I would say that it is highly likely that Alto and Bass Flutes will be included.

Plus, if you look a few pages back you'll notice that Giorgio said "Flutes" (plural) ;)
    :idea: I think the most consistent decision would be a Double Bass-upright bass by SM. After bassoons and flutes of course!!!

An acoustic solo bass is a natural and logical completion of a BigBand instruments composition.

:idea: I think a String Bass should be a separate product standing by itself in a separate box.

Professionals need a hight quality acoustic Bass in a huge variety of music stiles: Jazz, Classic, Acoustic Pop, &c... it is the most needed string bowed instrumet.

IMHO :D
    Ben H wrote: "Flutes" (plural) ;)
    I surely need a Picolo flute in the box! And us - I think so :)
    Ben H wrote: Well I would rather see the flute first, since I have more use for it than a bassoon/contrabassoon.

You're probably right though that it is more logical that these will be next, since the work that has already been done on the other double reeds.

Strings (solo & ensemble) are still probably a fair way off, I am guessing.

Agreed, I would have MUCH more use for a flute than a bassoon of any kind. And, of course, a violin :). I would probably pass on the bassoon.
    Giorgio, thank you for providing us with an idea of what SM is working on. Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting Flutes and now that it's confirmed there is a product in the pipeline, I won't bother with looking at other products.
  • Giorgio Tommasini wrote: Guys,

unveiled secrets are:

1) Bassoon and Contrabassoon

2) Flutes

3) Solo (& Ensemble) Strings

Giorgio & Peter

I'm really curious, in another thread there was mention of an update to the brass that would help with spacialization. How's that going and where would it fit into the above list?
  • Ginharbringer,

you're right. The new Trombone, vers. 3.0, Kontakt-based and including incredible new features, is nearly ready after extensive and gratifying beta testing.

It will be released around January 15th, 2014.

Stay tuned! ;-)

Giorgio & Peter
    Wonderful !

Will it be free or paying ? Either way, i'll get it, and I bet I won't be the only one^^.

Can you be a bit more specific about the new features ? Or is it still official secret ? ^^
  • Not free of course. It took one year of strenuous work.

But you won't be disappointed. We will publish technical and commercial details in a few days on the NEWS.

Giorgio & Peter.
    So ?

I don't want to be rude, but i'm pretty sure your few days are long gone :p

Yeah, i know, impatient customers. worst kind of all.
    To Plougot, and to all our dear impatient customers:

- The Trombone3 on Kontakt5 will be released around January 20th 2014.

- It will include the following new features:

1) New Early Reflections algorithm

2) Virtual Soundstage, including distance control

3) Real time Timbral Shaping

4) Microtuning

4) Expression Mapping

5) Breathy Attacks

6) "For Unison Ensemble" Impulse Response

7) Unison Ensemble Multi

- it will be offered to all owners of the Trombone1 for a reasonable price.

Best,

Giorgio & Peter

PS: how much would you like to pay for it? ;-)
    Sounds amazing !

How much would I LIKE to pay for it ? :p

Obviously, I would very much like to have it for free.

eeh, wasn't that the question ?

Oh, you meant how much WOULD I pay for it ? :p

I really don't know personnaly, since I don't fully understand precisely what those new features are (expression maps and breathy attacks, for example).

But, since we'll probably have to buy the same update for the trumpet and the horn/tuba, i would say something between 20 euros (yeepeeeeeeeeeh) and 50 (bleeeeeeeeaaaarg).

But as far as I'm concerned, I'll buy it anyway, so guys, you can pretty much act like coin-thirsty pirates on this one.
    webmaster wrote: PS: how much would you like to pay for it? ;-)

Depends on how awesome the new features sound, especially the virtual sound stage, and if the same effect can be achieved with stuff I already have. By the way, is that Virtual Soundstage the same as the already existing Virtual Soundstage plugin made by Parallax Audio?

I'm really looking forward to hearing some examples of the new features! I love that SM decided to go back and do some major updates to the brass instruments.
    Virtual Soundstage, including distance control

:o :D :o :D :shock:

If so...

I'm waiting for a common "Virtual Soundstage, including distance control" specialized for all SM instruments!

May God bless you!
  • Guys,

we are very happy that our upgrade policy will meet your favour. Our original plans (before asking) were:

1) The retail price for the Trombone 3 for new customers will be Eur 159 (+VAT if indicated).

2) all owners of the Trombone 1 are entitled to purchase Trombone 3 for Eur 30 (+ VAT if indicated).

2) all customers buying the Trombone 1, whether alone or in a bundle after July 1st 2013, are entitled to purchase Trombone 3 for Eur 20 (+VAT if indicated).

ok? ;-)

Giorgio & Peter
    Sounds fair! Can't wait to hear some examples of the new features though. Also, I'm really curious to know what happened to Trombone2?
    Great new features, great price!

Still, only second best to paying twice of that and getting both Trumpet3 and Trombone3 together already within this month. Even a Trumpet2 would do ;)

Good things come those who wait, I guess. Hopefully not too long!
  • edited April 2014
    The current version of The Trumpet is 2.51. So an update would indeed be version 3. ;)
    Well... it's time to be the annoying costumer, so here we go:

When will we see the Trumpet & French Horn update? Months, a year? :D
    Flutes ETA? :D
    I have to admit that I've been really hanging out for the flutes lately too. :oops:
    Yep, flutes for me too!
    Flutes are out, folks! :)

http://www.samplemodeling.com/en/news.php

Enjoy!

Emanuele
    leleswam wrote: Flutes are out, folks! :)

Enjoy!

Emanuele

Woohoo... party time!!! :D
    Wow! Audio demo's sound promising. Looking forward for wind controller demos.
    +1

-Michael
    Hey hey !!!

So !!! Starving here already !!!! Any news of those so awaited strings ? :))))))))))))))

Best to you all for this new year !

Sylvain

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.