Samplemodeling secret plans unveiled !

Comments

• edited 1:07PM
    Chaim wrote: Clarinet and flute first please.
    There is planned a great fight! :)))
    What the world needs now is

1. love

2. solo french horn

3. solo oboe

4. solo cello

;)

Thanks!

Kindly,

Justus
    Justus, I couldn't agree more on item n. 1

Unfortunately, this is beyond Samplemodeling limits. :cry:

Sadly,

Giorgio
    Giorgio Tommasini wrote: Justus, I couldn't agree more on item n. 1

Unfortunately, this is beyond Samplemodeling limits. :cry:

Sadly,

Giorgio
    Quite the opposite, it's possible I think. There will be a lots of love themes, played by The French Horn :))))
    Quanto di più con un oboe di amore ?
    valouz wrote: Quanto di più con un oboe di amore ?
    I'd like to get oboe d'amour too :)

But there's a lack of realistic and comfortable in playing FHorns in orchestra palette. Besides, FH often used as leading brass voice. Honestly, after SampleModeling instruments the other ones I bought before (including FH too) are sucks and absolutely clumsy :(
    I only wanted to jump on the topic of love song.

I appreciate a lot the FH too, especially for its rip
    I think I've now spent a year coming back here from time to time, hoping for updates on your efforts to re-create other great instruments (strings, horns, woodwinds), and every time, just subtle hints that something is on the way.

In that time I've spent maybe £10,000 on real players, where I might have used your software instead.

But never mind. It;s good for the musicians! And - it's good for me to learn to write better written music.

I have no particular point to make, so I'll just trail off here....

blah blah.
    Any plans for a clarinet? Every clarinet out there just fails miserably.
    To be honest, I think there's no such cool and detailed solo instruments as SampleModeling does, so I'll be glad ANY kind of their future instruments.

But my vote is for French horn :)
    Hi Georgio and Peter!

How are you?

Any news on future products?
  • Hi Justus,

many new projects are underway:

1) French Horn -> actively working on it.

2) Tuba -> sampled, under study.

3) Samplemodeling VST complete suprise (advanced alpha stage).

4) Stefano actively working on his new platform (advanced alpha.) It might allow creating instruments currently unfeasible on Kontakt, as for example Miss Sax S. ;)

We strongly believe you won't be disappointed.

Giorgio & Peter
    Thanks for the update, but Tuba before clarinet? or flute?

I guess you guys are in the Brass mode...
    Giorgio Tommasini wrote:

GREAT!!! :shock: :D
  • SamSam
    edited 1:07PM
    Shramm wrote: Giorgio Tommasini wrote:

GREAT!!! :shock: :D

+1
    I'm with Chaim.. Flute or Clarinet would be great....
    DanRad wrote: I'm with Chaim.. Flute or Clarinet would be great....
    Guys, please, be patient and don't request impossible :) Giorgio, Peter and Stefano are very talented and fast working crew (I'd say they working fast as hell), but they can't do it all at the same time ;)

Like you, I'd also like to have in my arsenal all wind (brass & wood) instruments. Moreover, I'd really like to get ethnic ones. But each of SampleModeling have only one pair of hands, they're not six-handed Shivas :)))
    I agree that french horn is an important 'next'. But Tuba before some meat and potatoes clarinet and flute?
    Giorgio Tommasini wrote:

We strongly believe you won't be disappointed.

Giorgio & Peter

Well we haven't been so far :D Sounds like even better times ahead with your own VST Miss S being my main wish.

Regards Pete.
    "Miss S being my main wish"

+1 :)
    Concerning SampleModeling VST

Please consider doing an AU Version which still supports G5 machines!!!

And if so, please re-release The Trombone for it!

Jan
    I´m glad to hear that you´re working on the remaining brass-instruments - had hoped for horns and a tuba because there are no good and really useable brass-samples out there (whereas there are good winds, strings and percussion-libraries).

But in the end i guess i´ll end up using all of your samples ;)

As my previous speaker already mentioned an AU-version of the "VST"-instrument is very important because many of us are apple-users.

I personally find a 64bit-version much more important than G5-support. i mean, these machines are 6 years or older. nobody asks for win XP-support anymore.

do you already know if your own plugin will be very processor-demanding?

best

st
    For me virtual woodwinds is a stumbling block.

It's absurd, but still there's no realistic sounding oboe, flute, clarinet or bassoon, which would be convenient to control. 'Convenient' - I mean 'all-in-one', not this terrible huge amount of patches: one for legato, one for staccato etc.

Virtual instruments have been around for SO many years, but in fact only SampleModeling first made instruments, that sounds so great and vividly.

I still have not heard ANY truly sounding solo woodwind. And all of my hopes only to Mr. Tommasini, Siedlaczek and Lucato, 'cos in fact it seems that they're almost the only people who know the kontakt possibilities length and breadth and use it in full power.
    Same here. Even if I get all sample libraries in the world for free, it does no good for me, it HAS to be simple and realistic.
  • Dear friends,

as to your most recent questions:

1) supporting G5 would mean to completely rebuild our instruments for K 3.5. This is not feasible, sorry.

2) creating woodwinds is certainly feasible. Please give us time.

3) the CPU load of new instruments is expected to be slightly less than for The Trumpet, since several optimisations have been introduced. The Trombone uses much more voices than the Trumpet, but the CPU load is more or less the same.

4) thanks so very much for your appreciation. :)

Giorgio & Peter
    Giorgio,

I have been eagerly awaiting the solo string product since you guys mentioned it several months ago. All your brass products are truly wonderful. I very much desire a solo string (violin or viola would be wonderful, and I think you mentioned viola specifically as your first string product).

I noticed the solo string was not mentioned in your recent post to this thread, where you listed french horn and tuba. Please say the strings have not been dropped!

Thanks for all your amazing work,

-Eric
    Wondering the same here, hmm, maybe it's already done, and just to be released... ;)
  • As to solo strings....

As you know, Stefano is actively working on a new, proprietary platform. Its engine offers several oustanding features. We are currently evaluating the pros and contras of developing solo strings VI for either Kontakt or the new SWAM engine. The final decision will be taken when the new platform will be in beta stage.

What remains settled is that the solo string project will be pursued.

Best regards,

Giorgio, Peter & Stefano
  • jbmjbm
    edited 1:07PM
    Giorgio,

When the new engine is ready, will all the Sample Modelling instruments be released in versions using the new engine? I'm sorry to say that I'm still (im)patiently waiting for some other key instruments to come out before leaping into the Sample Modelling world. I've been extremely excited by what I've heard so far, but they just aren't instruments that I make use of that often (winds, strings, and horn are more common in my work). I'm a VSL user, and would actually love to start switching my (extremely finicky, labour intensive, and memory intensive) set-up over to Sample Modelling. It's just a matter of time!

J.
    I would also welcome the idea if older instruments would run on the new engine. Then we would no more depend on NI/Kontakt which would make things a bit easier. The second point would be that it could perhaps use less processor power so that we could use the trumpet like we use the saxes or trombones. I just love to travel with my EWI and netbook, having these high-end instruments with me all the time.

From a wind-controller's view, when playing in low levels, the trumpet is the best instrument, but for mobile use it needs a decent laptop, the netbook is not enough to play with low latency. Trombone and sax respond a little bit less good in low levels, so my hopes in the new engine could bring two advantages:

1. being able to play the trumpet with light weight, cheap mobile hardware (netbook).

2. being able to play saxes and trombones with the same low level response as the trumpet.

This may be only wishful thinking, and I want to repeat that I am very satisfied with the actual status. But if the new engine is able to solve these very small details, it would be even nicer. It would be perfect. That's why I have my fingers crossed since I heard of this new engine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.