Samplemodeling secret plans unveiled !

edited October 2017 in Archive
Dear friends,

We recently discovered the secret plans of Samplemodeling, and we're willing to share them with you (for free) :shock:

1) the Alto Sax, Mr. Sax A., is currently being refined, to obtain a more versatile timbre, suitable to different musical styles.

2) The Baritone Sax, Mr. Sax B., is in beta stage.

3) Mr. Sax A & Mr. Sax B. will be supplied as a bundle. We will make you an offer you can't refuse, two instruments at the price of three. :mrgreen:

4) all past, present and future customers of Mr. Sax T. will be entitled to a further discount on the A+B Sax bundle.

5) When? 2-3 weeks for us, 2-3 weeks for Native instruments, presumably ! :evil:

6) soprano sax and trombone are in a feasibility study stage. :roll:

7) we are actively working on a solo (+ ensemble) string series, which will blow the socks off the Stradivari and Gofriller. 8-)

Giorgio, Peter & Stefano

Comments

• edited 1:40PM
    STRING SERIES!! Just what I've been looking for! Thank you so much.

Pat
    Very very Very good news!!!
    Thanks for sharing. Good luck. Can't wait.
    >>...and trombone are in a feasibility study stage.<<

YESSSSS !!! 8-)

>>two instruments at the price of three.<<

i already wondered when the global finance crisis will reach samplemodeling ;-)

best regards,

rudi
    The 2 instruments I would like to see our trombone and french horn. These are the weakest regularly used instruments in my templates. The Trumpet gets lonely without these 2 instruments. The next one would be tuba.

Jim
    Ah strings, brilliant, my chequebook is ready.

Also don't forget: french horn, flute, oboe, clarinet, electric guitars, acoustic guitars...
    I'm with Haydn on the French Horn and Trombone. (Clarinet and Flute too since they are staples in the orchestra and sample very well)

I just heard a film score with a beautiful solo French horn. I think the same approach that was taken with The Trumpet (mutes, falls etc) would work really well with French Horn. You really hear it a lot in scores. Great range too with lot's of expression, just like Trumpet. I can see troubles with Trombone and the slide.. but as the Hopi Indians believed, the greater the challenge, the greater the lesson.

Once again I must thank and praise the good folks at Sample Modeling. I'm working on a TV show score right now and Mr. T is the star. The producers love "That Sexy Sax".

Dan Rad
    >string series

I hope for the automatic change of the strings which accepted a phrase

and the strings change by oneself.

Like "Scarbee Black Bass".

When it is the thing which reproduced only legato simply,

it is hard to come to mix chord with phrase.

GUI is enough if I understand which string oneself holds now.

Of course I feel more gladder if GUI such as Black Bass is possible.

I'm sorry.

Because I use translation software, I may become the strange English.

Thank you for reading!
    STRING!!

Awesome :shock:

Very Very looking for it :P
    masa wrote: STRING!!

Awesome :shock:

Very Very looking for it :P
    +1000000 string SECTION :)
    + many to a richer tone brass, like French Horn or Trombone. French gotta be easier right? Warm, creamy... mmmmmm!

S
    OK, the new Sax instruments are "in the can"... when are we going to see that CELLO? Not that I'm anxious or anything...

Pat
    I think that first we'll see after sax family is trombone, so we'll get a full jazz brass trio (trumpet+sax+trombone). And maybe after that guys from the Samplemodeling will pitch in string section instruments.
  • Shramm,

you will ultimately get this jazz brass trio. We are actively working on The Trombone. 8-)

Giorgio & Peter
    Giorgio Tommasini wrote: Shramm,

you will ultimately get this jazz brass trio. We are actively working on The Trombone. 8-)

Giorgio & Peter
    Glad to know about it! It's time to prepare money :)))
    I'm also glad to hear about the complete trio. Since I don't play keyboard well and there isn't a string controller yet, the strings won't be too interesting for me. I'm fully wind instrument oriented.

Besides, I always preferred to do strings with synthesizers, so that it is clearly audible that it is artificial. Of course, string libraries are often used today for film and television, but personally I'm not too fond of the sound of those strings. Maybe Samplemodeling strings can bring new variation into this, but personally I think I will stick to the synthesizers. :)

Looking forward to try out Mr.Sax A and B!! Again many thanks to the Samplemodeling team.
    Phil999 wrote: Since I don't play keyboard well and there isn't a string controller yet, the strings won't be too interesting for me. I'm fully wind instrument oriented.

Well, since you are fully wind instrument oriented, Roberto Soggetti seems to be using the EWI wind controller pretty successfully on the discontinued Garritan strad virtual violin.
    I use wind controller for all my strings, and it's really works very well indeed. Lovely to build up small string sections. The Garritan s/w that comes with EWI USB is pretty rough for brass/woodwind but the strings work pretty nicely

S
    Just keeping thinking STRINGS, gentlemen. As someone unable to find the Gofriller cello anywhere, I'd love to see a Samplemodeling cello ASAP. You can wait on the french horns until later!

Regards,

Pat
    As a long time wind controller enthusiast I just can't believe how good Mr Trumpet sounds with the wind controller.

I'm not having as much success with Sax Bros as w Mr Trumpet right out of the box, but I've made some progress.

Is it possible to get a really nice breathy Tenor sound with tweaking? I get a really nice breathy Tenor tone from the Ketron SD2 but no morphing of course and limited responsiveness and dynamics.

What about classical Sax sounds? Is that possible by tweaking, or does that require new samples?

I'm looking forward to Mr Trombone, and of course Violin, Cello as well as other Solo instruments.

Thank you so much for bringing so much fun and pleasure to my life!

Dan
    By the way, would you plan to release a solo (or group) woodwinds? At the moment I haven't seen a single decent-sounding wind instrument (except VSL).

PS. I recently needed a solo oboe, but I didn't find anything even close in quality to Mr.Sax or The Trumpet. :(
    Yeah hurry up guys! Let's have more! Woodwinds would all be great - oboe, flute, clarinet. But also, all the strings. And voice.

Let's face it what *wouldn't* be great using your techniques?
    OK, to fill the wishlist:

A Slide Whistle,

Timpani glissandi

Uilleann Pipes

but for the start the trombone would be fine, I’m just tired of messing around with my iPhone’s Leaf Trombone!

MM
    Georgio, Peter, and Stefano... very early in this thread you mentioned that the upcoming solo strings will blow the doors off of the Gofriller cello. Gents, after a very long search I was able to get my hands on a never-registered copy of the Gofriller. It is frankly amazing... thank you so much for your talents that put this tool in my hands. I will now be able to work on the technique involving driving a cello model with my wind controller, while anxiously awaiting the next big thing. Again... if this stunning achievement is the prelude to something bigger and better, my doors are in for some serious blowing-off!

Pat
    I wish you'd hurry up with your new instruments!

hurry up!
    we have all the time in the world.
    Yes we do! These things take time, and lots of it I can imagine, it must be very hard work, and when it is all done it sounds amazing :) and is well worth the wait!
    So, when will Gofkiller be ready ?

Because my Mastercard is really hot...
    My vote is for French Horn!
    Clarinet and flute first please.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.