AODYO Sylphyo

Finally a Midi Wind controller that comes with wireless Midi (and seems rather affordable).

Seemingly "Right Thumb Slide", Breath and Tilt and "shake" sensors (but unfortunately no "Bite", which I do like about the TEC BBC).

Seemingly no "trill" and "Below C" keys (I don't know if that hurts.)

Did anybody already test it ?

http://www.aodyo.com/

-Michael

Comments

• edited 1:07PM
    I first heard about Sylphyo from an audiomodeling e-mail, so I went to the company web site. Big mistake, all they had in the first 4 videos was a bunch of nothing, just bragging about how great it was etc. with barely any sounds made with the instrument. I almost gave up but then I found the same link that MSchnell posted, the first one, and that is much better.

Audiomodeling says all of their sounds work with the Sylphyo, and I would guess that samplemodeling sounds would also work.

Don't know much else but I will keep looking. Also keep in mind that the Roland Aerophone really sounds good -just search for Alistair Parnell on youtube.
  • edited 1:07PM
    It's now available lots of places, but not in USA. However a number of on-line places is likely to sell and ship to wherever you live.

For example woodbrass currently shows the US price as $ 927.81 w free shipping. Not exactly a bargain, but that I believe includes the wireless adapter box.

I see a lower price of 748.63 which is without the wireless box.

https://www.woodbrass.com/en-us/other-instruments-electronic-wind-aodyo-sylphyo-p270117.html

Of course, one should hardly ever buy anything like this without having some hands on experience.

Dan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.