Any tips for SM French Horns?

Hi! Recently bought all the SM brass, and I'm very impressed by most of the instruments! Finally modelled brass with a realistic tone and great playability 😊

I have had AV Infinite brass for a couple of years, and even if I like many of it’s aspects likebthebshort notes and playability, the tone and dynamics are in general better in SM Brass IMO, except for the horns.

I really haven't taken a liking to SM French horns yet. The dynamics and tone sounds...wierd, compared to the trumpets, trombones and tuba (which I am really impressed with). The FH sounds almost compressed in terms of volume, just the tone changing color to more cuivre/brassy from mP/mF and upwards. I have AV infinite horns which I use instead, but would like to know if there are any tips on getting the horns up to the same level as trumpets/trombones/horns, any tips?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.